Eating organically is not always easy because most of the time you don’t know where to start – especially when you’re switching to something that is foreign to you.
There’s been decades of conversation around organic eating and whether it’s really good for you. We’re not going to get into that because most of them are myths. Check out our 5 Organic Food Myths Debunked piece for more insight on that here.
However, cheffing it up in the kitchen with organic products is the same as when you use their conventional counterparts. Organic recipes are as quick, simple and easy as your favorite ones you use every day.
We have three recipes courtesy of Simply Organic below to give you the essentials you need to get started.
Note: Every item included in these recipes are organic. You can find more organic recipes as well as products here.
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce – 4 servings
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper medium grind
- Pinch of Frontier Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 12 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Hollandaise sauce
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 4 English muffins, sliced in half
- 8 ounces of smoked salmon
- ¼ cup of freshly chopped chives
- Melt ½ cup of butter in microwave or over stovetop.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and the 4 egg yolks. Whisk vigorously until light, frothy and doubled in volume.
- Place bowl over pan of simmering water, being careful not to let water touch the bowl or mixture may get to hot and cause eggs to begin to scramble). Continue to whisk until mixture thickens.
- Slowly stream in melted butter, whisking until thick. Remove from heat and add cayenne, black pepper and salt. Cover and set aside.
- Bring a 10-inch skillet half full of water to a boil, then add vinegar. Reduce heat to low, so water is gently simmering.
- Gently break 1 egg into warm water and cook for about 4 minutes, until egg white is set. Repeat with remaining 7 eggs.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, draining away excess water. Meanwhile, toast and spread remaining 2 tablespoons butter onto English muffins.
- To assemble, place a few slices of salmon on each muffin half, then top with a poached egg, a spoonful of Hollandaise sauce and chives.
Chipotle Ranch Club Sandwich – 4 servings
- 1 package Simply Organic Chipotle Ranch Dip
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 8 slices of sandwich bread, toasted
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 to 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine contents of seasoning packet with mayonnaise and buttermilk.
- Stir chicken into dressing and toss.
- Spread ½ cup chicken salad on 4 slices of toast, cover with tomato bacon, avocado and lettuce. Top with remaining toast, slice sandwiches and serve.
Chicken Alfredo Pasta – 2-3 servings
- 1 package of Simply Organic Alfredo Seasoning Mix
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Simply Organic Parsley Flakes
- ½ pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced to bite size pieces
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 2 cups of whole grain pasta
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, sauté the chicken in olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the chicken is browned, add in frozen corn, milk, Parmesan and Alfredo mix.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, add in the parsley, salt and pepper, to taste. Toss with the cooked pasta.
Suggestion: Add in a 1/4 cup of onions, mushrooms, red pepper, or spinach and sauté with chicken